10 Of The Most Colorful Places In The World
Most cities in the world are quite dull with grey concrete buildings and nothing else. But there are some colorful and enchanting cities in the world which are made more appealing to its residents as well as tourists. These most colorful cities create spectacular views and are pleasing to the eyes of the onlooker. This article will highlight 10 of the most colorful places in the world for the enjoyment of tourists who plan to visit these places.
1. Stockholm in Sweden – Stockholm consists of fourteen islands perched on the banks of the Baltic sea. The city is highly populated and one of the most colorful cities in the world. There are medieval castles which dates back to the 13th century. Historic buildings, stunning architectural sites and fairy-tale castles are scattered between the city. These buildings are nestled between breeze ruffled lakes and rolling countryside which helps to add more color and enchantment to the city.
2. Burano Islands in Italy – This is a fishing village located on the same lagoon as the famous Canal Town in Italy, which is situated about 4-miles north of Venice. The history of this island dates back to the Roman times. The island is linked by many bridges and canals similar to Venice. The houses in the city are painted with bright colored paints in order to differentiate them from water. The residents are not allowed to give their homes a makeover at will. They should follow a specific system when changing the color of their homes. Residents are allowed to paint their homes only after they obtain permission from the local authorities to do so.
3. Willemstad in Netherlands Antilles – The Dutch-styled homes and colonial architecture in Willemstad has made it one of the most colorful cities in the world. The city is the capital of Curacao which is located in the Caribbean sea. The buildings are quite colorful, and the jammed packed city center is a major attraction of many visitors from all corners of the world.
4. St. John’s, Newfoundland in Canada – St. John’s is a colorful port city in Newfoundland Canada. It is the biggest city in Newfoundland and Labrador, which is considered one of the oldest settlements in North America. The Victorian row of houses are brightly colored that they are named as “Jellybean Row”. The houses are colored in vivid colors to brighten up the city’s naturally foggy landscape. The houses were painted in such vivid colors after a project spearheaded by the St. John’s Heritage Foundation in the 1970’s. This city is considered one of the most colorful cities in the world today.
5. The Great Barrier Reef in Australia – The Great Barrier Reef is considered one of the seven wonders of the world. Is is even larger than the Great Wall of China and is considered the only living thing on earth that is visible from space. The Great Barrier Reef is blessed with the world’s largest coral reef, which is considered the world’s largest structure made of living organisms. It is considered one of the most colorful natural habitats of the world.
6. Guanajuato City in Mexico – The culturally rich city of Guanajuato is another one of the world’s most colorful cities. The houses are painted in bright colors and there are many popular international dance, music, drama and cultural festivals held in this beautiful city. There are many legends and myths with tales of joy and woe surrounding the city.
7. Valparaiso in Chile – Valparaiso in Chile boasts of numerous delightful cathedrals, old colonial buildings, churches, museums and colorful homes. This city is a port city which is considered a welcome stop for numerous cruise ships. The Naval museum is one of the most famous landmarks of Valparaiso. This museum is said to boasts an outstanding showcase of the history of Chile. Valparaiso is considered one of the most colorful cities in today’s world.
8. Pattaya in Thailand – Pattaya is another one of the world’s most colorful cities. It is situated in the east coast of the gulf of Thailand. This city draws millions of tourists from around the globe each year. Colorful hotels and houses are some of the salient features of Pattaya. The beaches with golden shores add even more glitter to the color of the city. The city is ideal for colorful vacations away from home. The breathtaking natural beauty of this city will help to further enhance its colorfulness.
9. Wroclaw in Poland – Wroclaw is located in Poland. It is the capital of Lower Silesian in the Voivodeship province which is considered an awesome tourist destination in the world. The city has more than 200 bridges which is another salient feature of the city. There are world class restaurants, coffee shops, bakeries, cafes, boutiques and retail outlets which are colored in bright colors. The houses in the city are also colored in bright colors to add to the colorfulness of the city. The city is equipped with numerous historical and cultural delights which could be experienced when you visit this beautiful city.
10. Utrecht in Netherlands – Utrecht is considered the fourth largest city in the Netherlands. It is so amazing and vibrantly colored. There are spectacular museums, magnificent courtyards, historic buildings, small shops, colorful houses and theaters in this city. There are many enchanting annual festivals and art showcases being held in this city. People living in the city are avid theater lovers which adds even further beauty to the outlook of the city. Utrecht in Netherlands is considered one of the most colorful cities in the world today.
The aforementioned are 10 of the most colorful places in the world today. These places would help a person to relax and calm his or her mind while basking in the natural beauty and color of the place. These cities are major tourist attractions in the world where most tourists would love to visit on an annual basis.
More from traveltriptour
Got anything to say? Go ahead and leave a comment!
- A Guide To The Fun French City Of Deauville
- For Adventure Seekers - Exploring The Mulu Caves of Sarawak
- 10 Of The Most Colorful Places In The World
- Why You Should Be Amazed By Cano Cristales, Colombia's Colorful River?
- How To Overcome Your Fear Of Flying In Five Minutes
- How To Make The Most of Your Time If You Only Have 3 Days in Los Angeles
- 15 Out Of This World Themed Hotels Where You Get To Live Out Your Fantasy
- Powellooza: The Best Way To Have A Blast With The Gang On A Summer Getaway
- 10 Mistakes A Tourist Could Say That Are Offensive To Local New Yorkers
- 8 Dangerous Vacation Activities That Tourists Could Do
- Go On a Paradise Vacation Trip To Thailand The Kardashian Way 1,622 views |
- 15 Out Of This World Themed Hotels Where You Get To Live Out Your Fantasy 1,417 views |
- Blog 915 views |
- 25 Things To Do in The Philippines For The Ultimate Traveler 629 views |
- Explore the Emerging Tourist Destinations in the Philippines 579 views |
- Visit The Magnificent Addis Ababa in Ethiopia 578 views |
- Explore The Astonishing Krakow Salt Mines 471 views |
- Why You Should Visit Altea In Alicante, Spain? 417 views |
- Powellooza: The Best Way To Have A Blast With The Gang On A Summer Getaway 414 views |
- Top 3 Souvenir Shops In Brazil To Visit During The World Cup 393 views |